Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko, AAUA introduced study exchange in USA and Canada. An agreement that allows movement of students to and from AAUA.
Introduction: Going on an overseas exchange for just a year may change someone’s life permanently. It will undoubtedly have an impact on student’s motivation to study, employability as a graduate in a global jobs market, and on development as a person. Such individuals will be perceived as having useful, transferable skills, as well as broad horizons, and adaptable approach to life and work.
Student Exchange Agreement: An agreement that allows movement of students to and from AAUA. Students pay tuition fees to home institutions for courses taken while on exchange, and may study at the host institution for up to a maximum of two academic years.
Criteria for Students’ Exchange Programme:
- Student must be about to or have successfully completed two years of full-time study at AAUA.
- Student must be in good standing with at least a CGPA of 3.0.
- Student must obtain an Exchange Application Form at Linkage and International Programme Office (LIPO) of AAUA.
- Student must submit a referee’s report of good behavior, academic ability and emotional maturity from a well-known person.
- Student must submit the completed Exchange Application Form to Exchange Coordinator before the middle of April, 2018 for this year’s application (2017/2018 academic year). The application must be signed by the Head of Department and Dean of candidate’s Faculty.
- The prospective candidate must pass the interview to be conducted by the Board for International Student Exchange.
- The average cost of study at Troy University, USA, is between $24, 000 and $25,000, while University of Windsor, Canada, is between $CAD 20,000 and $CAD 24,000. The average cost of study at Alabama State University, USA, is between $11,000 and $13,000, the tuition fee of $9,220 will be waived for selected students on exchange programme.
For more information, please contact Prof. T.O. Adejumo, Director, LIPO. E-mail: [email protected]