Important information to all National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN Graduands.
Following the announcement of the National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN 5th convocation ceremony programme of events, the authorities of the university released some important information to all graduands.
Information To Graduands.
A) All those who have completed their programmes and have been cleared for convocation are to sign for and receive academic gowns and guest invitation cards from their respective Study Centres with effect from Tuesday, 5th January, 2018. The accompanying hoods are to be collected from the NOUN Study Centre, Dutse-Alhaji Junction Kubwa Expressway, Abuja from 10.00 a.m. on Monday, 11th January, 2018.
- the receipt of the payment of a fee of Fifteen Thousand (N15,000.00) for the use of Academic gowns. This is payable at their respective Study Centres.
- an evidence of payment of Alumni fees of Five Thousand (N5,000.00) which is payable at any branch of Zenith Bank Plc.; Account No. 1014150406
- a duly completed and authenticated clearance form issued at the Study Centre.
The sum of Five Thousand (N5,000.00) Naira will be refunded on the return of the Academic gowns and hoods to the respective points of collection.
Please note that both items must be returned not later than Tuesday, 19th January, 2018 from 9.00 a.m. Failure to return the gowns and hoods by the prescribed date shall attract a fine of N1, 000.00 per day.
B) Graduands are requested to assemble at designated location(s) at the National Theatre on 16th of January, 2018 between 6:30 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. They must be fully robed and on a queue according to their Schools.
NOBODY, INCLUDING GRADUANDS AND THEIR PARENTS/ GUARDIANS, WILL BE ADMITTED INTO THE HALL, AFTER 9:00A.M.
C) Commercial Photographers/Video Operators are requested to register to obtain clearance for operation. They are to register at the following locations between 9.00a.m. and 3.00p.m. from Monday, 11th January, 2018.
Lagos: NOUN Headquarters
14/16 Ahmadu Bello Way
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Abuja: NOUN Planning Office
No. 5 Dar-E-Salaam,
Off Amino Kano Crescent,
Wuse II, Abuja.
D) All Graduating Students must wear the prescribed academic gowns. The Security officers will strictly enforce the “No gown No entry” policy
- All Graduating Students must wear the prescribed academic gowns. The Security Officers will strictly enforce the “No gown, No entry” policy
- No form of luggage or handbags will be allowed at the arena. Graduands are advised, without exception, to comply with this information.
- To access the Convocation Arena, each graduand is required to present a tally which bears his/her School name and a number. The tally will be distributed at the entrance on a “first-come- first-served” basis. It is a breach of Security to find a graduand seated in the Arena without a tally assigned to him/her.
- All guests of the University (properly identified with their Invitation cards) are to be seated not later than 9.30 a.m.
- Three (3) parking lots have been provided for use at the Convocation Venue. Guests are to park their cars in areas indicated in their Invitation Cards.
GRADUANDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE CONVOCATION VENUE BEFORE THE END OF THE CEREMONY. GRADUANDS ARE STRONGLY ADVISED TO COMPLY WITH THESE ARRANGEMENTS.
We congratulate all graduands and wish them journey mercies to and from their destinations.