Ekiti State University, EKSU postgraduate admission form for the second semester, 2017/2018 academic session is now on sale.
Opportunities exist for suitably qualified candidates for postgraduate training leading to the award of the Postgraduate Diploma, Master’s, and Ph.D degrees at Ekiti State University (EKSU) on both full and part-time basis.
EKSU Postgraduate – General Admission Requirements.
The following constitute the minimum entry requirements into the postgraduate programmes:
All applicants seeking admission into any of the Masters Degree and Postgraduate Diploma programmes must have five Credit passes at O’ Level in relevant subjects including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMME
A graduate from a recognized University with Third Class at the first degree in relevant programme may be admitted, provided the Matriculation and Departmental requirements of Ekiti State University are satisfied. A holder of a minimum of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution may also be admitted.For applicants possessing Postgraduate Diploma (PGD). a minimum of Credit or 60.0 weighted average score is required.
MASTER S DEGREE PROGRAMME
- A candidate with a first degree from a recognized University having a minimum of a Second Class Lower Division may be admitted, provided the University Matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied.
- A candidate with a minimum of Credit 3.5 on a relative score of 5.0 i.e a weighted average score of 60.0 in the Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized University may also be admitted.
M.PHIL/PH.D IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Candidates must possess M.Sc in Business Administration with specialization in Management. Marketing. Organisational Behaviour or Operations Research with weighted average of 5059.
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D) DEGREE
- A candidate with a good Masters degree weighted average of not below 60.0 or CGPA of 3.5 on a relative score of 5.0 (NOT Professional Masters) in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and a defended research dissertation from a recognized University may be admitted, provided the University Matriculation and Departmental requirements are satisfied.
- A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 or 60.0 weighted average score is required for candidates converting from M.Phil to Ph.D.
In addition to these admission requirements, candidates may be required to present themselves for selection test and or interview at both Masters. M.Phil Ph.D Programmes.
Photocopies of NYSC Discharge/Exemption/Exclusion Certificate, photocopies of all credentials, including O’level or its equivalents must be attached to the completed application forms. Candidates must as well arrange for their transcripts to be sent directly to the Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies. Non-Receipt of academic transcripts in time is at the detriment of the applicant.
Duration of EKSU Postgraduate Programme.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
- Full-Time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-Time Diploma: Minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters.
Masters Degree Programmes
- Full-Time: A minimum of four (4) semesters and a maximum of six (6) semesters
- Part-Time: A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of eight (8) semesters.
- Full-Time: A minimum of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters
- Part-Time: A minimum of eight (8) semesters and a maximum of twelve (12) semesters.
How to Apply for EKSU Postgraduate Admission.
Application fee: N 16.000.00 (Sixteen Thousand Naira Only) including E-Transact Commission.
Procedure for Application
(a) obtain the admission scratch card on payment of the application fee at the following banks
- (i) WEMA Bank PLC, EKSU
- (ii) ZENITH Bank
- (iii) FIRST Bank
- (iv) G.T.B Bank
- (v) UBA PLC. EKSU
- (vi) ACCESS Bank PLC, EKSU
- (vii) ENTERPRISE Bank PLC. EKSU
- (viii) ECO Bank PLC. EKSU
(b) Use the E-transact to download the application form
(c) Attach photocopies of credentials to the duly completed form and submit at the General Office of the College of Postgraduate Studies, EKSU.
Note: EKSU graduates and non graduates should ensure that the official transcript from their Institutions is directed and forwarded to the address below (indicating the target Department) latest six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement.
The Secretary, College of Postgraduate Studies.
Attention: Department of…………………………………..
Ekiti State University. Ado-Ekiti,
Henceforth, the College of Postgraduate will admit its Candidates during second semester, especially Departments where First Semester courses are not prerequite to second Semester courses.
Forms are available throughout the year but ONLY COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS RECEIVED NOT LATER THAN Friday. 17th June. 2018 would be processed for 2017/2018 admission exercise. All other forms purchased or submitted after this date shall be processed against the 2017/2018 Academic Session accordingly.
For Further enquiries, please contact:
School of Postgraduate Studies.
Ekiti State University.
Email: [email protected]