Get Direct Entry Admissions into University of Nigeria, Nsukka, UNN and other JUPEB-affiliated universities in Nigeria and other Universities Abroad. Candidates with JUPEB results can apply for Direct Entry admission into 200 Level instead of the 100 Level for UTME.
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) invites application from suitably qualified members of the public for Admission into the university Joint University Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) programme for 2017/2018 session.
What You Must Know About JUPEB.
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) is a new Advanced Level examination body recently established and coordinated by the University of Lagos. Basically, the programme is similar to the Interim Joint matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by Ahmadu Bello University and recognized by many universities in Northern Nigeria. JUPEB is, as at now, recognized by Federal universities in Southern Nigeria such as University of Lagos (Unilag), University of Nigeria, Nsukka, University of Ibadan (U.I.), Obafemi Awolowo University, Ife (OAU), Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA), University of Ilorin, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), University of Port Harcourt, and University of Calabar. We expect that very soon more Universities will join the Board.
Meanwhile, the affiliated institutions have set up programmes to train candidates on the syllabus of the Board in subjects relevant to course intended to study. For example, Physics/Chemistry/Biology for medical courses, Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics for engineering courses, etc. The charges for the programme vary from institution to institution. The actual charges for the programme can be obtained at the website of the institution or through an inquiry at the institution.
The results issued by the JUPEB are graded like Cambridge A/Level results: A (5 points), B (4 points), C (3 points), D (2 points), E (1 point), F (0 point). Three subjects are offered by each candidate. Combination of the grades forms the total point that is used as cut-off for the course applied for in a particular institution. For example, University of Ibadan can say 13 points is the cut-off for Medicine and Surgery. That means, they can only admit candidates with either AAA (15 pts), AAB (14 pts), AAC (13 pts) or ABB (13 pts). Like Cambridge A/Level, the results of JUPEB do not expire. You can always use it to apply into same or another institution the following year. Candidates with JUPEB results can apply to JAMB for Direct Entry admission into 200 Level instead of the 100 Level for UTME.
Candidates Eligible for UNN JUPEB.
Eligible candidates must possess minimum of 5 Credits at maximum of two sittings in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidates desired course of study in the University
Duration of UNN JUPEB Programme.
The duration of the programme is a minimum of one academic session of two semesters.
UNN JUPEB Subject Combinations.
|Arts||History/Literature/Christian Religious Studies (HLCRS)|
|Economics/History/Literature in English (EHL)|
|Social Sciences||Government/Economics/Mathematics (GEM)|
|Government/ Economics /Government (GEG)|
|Literature/Economics /Government (LEG)|
|Biology/Economics/ Government (BEG)|
|Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies (GLCRS)|
|Business Studies /Accounting/Mathematics (BAM)|
|Mathematics /Economics / Business Studies (MEB)|
|Sciences||Agricultural Science/Biology/Chemistry (ABC)|
Candidates are to note that the above listed subject combinations meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into Degree Programmes in the Arts , Social Sciences, Management Sciences and Sciences courses in all JUPEB-affiliated universities in Nigeria including University of Nigeria. Nsukka
UNN JUPEB Method of Application.
Latest update: New Guidelines for Purchase of UNN JUPEB Form – 2017/2018.
- Pay the application fee of N15,000.00 through e-Tranzact payment platform at any branch of Zenith, First Bank, Fidelity, UBA, Diamond. A receipt which contains a receipt number and confirmation Order Number will be given to you at the bank. (Please note that Bank charges apply and must be paid)
- Visit unnportal.unn.edu.ng/
- Click on the fill JUPEB, Inter University Forms
- Click on Generate Payment Invoice under JUPEB
- Enter your telephone number and click on submit
- Enter your Surname, First name, Middle name and Reg No and click on submit
- Print out your invoice and proceed to the bank
- After making payments at the bank visit the portal unnportal.unn.edu.ng
- Click on the Fill JUPEB, Inter University Forms
- Click on fill Joint Universities Preliminary Admissions Board programme
- Enter your Confirmation # and click on submit
- Fill the form and attach your passport
- Color passport photograph with white background.
- The passport photograph must be recent (not earlier than 3 months before the time of the application) and the size should not be more than 100KB.
- Complete the form and click on submit
- Print out your acknowledgment slip:
UNN JUPEB General Information.
- Applicants into 2017/2018 preliminary programme are advised to check our website from time to time for the actual date of the oral interview Examination and other relevant information.
- All candidates are required to register for 2018 UTME during the programme.
- All Candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and PERSONAL Telephone Numbers.
- The forms must be filled and submitted online either immediately or within two weeks of accessing the website. No downloaded or printed copies of forms will be accepted.
- Applicants are to note that 2017/2018 preliminary interview shall hold at the University of Nigeria Nsukka, Campus.
- Candidates are advised to follow the Application Instructions very carefully and ensure they select the Correct SUBJECT COMBINATIONS. Failure to do so may adversely affect the Candidate
For further enquiries, call:08038119172, 09099229090