Murli T. Chellaram Foundation Scholarship for Undergraduates for the 2017/2018 academic session. *Note: Murli T. Chellaram Foundation does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge.
Application for 2017-2018 Murli T. Chellaram Foundation scholarship is opened to undergraduate students. The scholarship is opened to undergraduate students in all course of study with a minimum of 3.5 CGPA.
Condition of Awards.
- The award takes effect from the beginning of each academic session, it will be tenable for 1 year and lapses if not utilized within the period.
- The award will only be renewed after submission of the previous year’ results One Month before the expiry of the present award.
- The Award will not be renewed in cases of unsatisfactory exam results.
- The duration of the award is a maximum of 5 years for Undergraduate studies and one academic session for Masters studies Extension of the award beyond the specified period will not be entertained.
- Applicants from the same parent cannot enjoy the award at the same time.
To qualify for 2017-2018 scholarship awards, applicants must:
- Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled as full time students in an accredited and approved university in Nigeria.
- Have a minimum of five Alphas or Betas including English, Mathematics at one sitting in Senior Secondary Certificate Examination.
- Provide evidence JAMB Results and Admission into the University.
- Have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.5 at the time of application and attach transcripts or official records (applicable to students admitted in 2014-2017 academic session)
- Have a minimum of Second Class Upper division (2.1) for University degree or upper credit for HND holders from an accredited institution (applicable to Postgraduate applicants)
- Be within these age limit as at 1 October 2017:
- Twenty-three (23) years for undergraduate applicants
- Thirty-five (35) years for Postgraduate applicants
How to Apply.
- All applicants must have personal valid email accounts for consistent communication.
- Application portal opens on Monday, 23 November 2017 and closes on Friday, 25 December 2017 which serves as the deadline for the receipt of applications and documents.
- Interested students who meet the eligibility criteria should visit http://mtc-foundation.org/ to complete an online application form, upload required documents and submit online.
- Upon receipt of Applications, MTC Foundation shall evaluate, shortlist, verify and contact successful applicants.
- Only Successful Applicants will be contacted.
*Note: Murli T. Chellaram Foundation does not demand payment from applicants. The application is FREE of charge.
Friday, 25 December 2017
The Scholarships are also part of the Management efforts to improve the welfare of Nigerian students in tertiary institutions, increase access to higher education, improve the retention rates in Tertiary Institutions, and reward excellence.
Since 2008, the Murli T. Chellaram Foundation has awarded over 450 scholarships to Undergraduate and Post-Graduate students in select Nigerian Universities. Our Scholarships are opened Nigerian students pursuing undergraduate and post-graduate programs in recognized universities who are NOT beneficiaries of any other scholarship. Special attention will be given to differently abled/physically incapacitated students. Students in Vocational Training Courses can also apply for these scholarships.