The authorities of the Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA), Kaduna have announced that prospective students must meet the requirements listed below before they could apply for any of their programmes.
Furthermore, only candidates who meet the JAMB national cut-off mark will be eligible to sit for the NDA Entrance Examination at their Examination Centre of choice.
Only the candidates that have the following are eligible for the Nigerian Defence Academy admission:
- Minimum of 5 credit passes at SSCE (WAEC or NECO) or GCE O Level or Grade II Teachers Certificate obtained in not more than 2 sittings, relevant to the Faculty of their choice.
- Credit in English Language and Mathematics
- At least one supporting relevant credit to the compulsory credits in Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and Faculty of Science. However, only one supporting relevant credit is required in the Faculty of Engineering.
- Be at least 17 years old and not more than 21 years old at the time of entry into the Academy. Note that Nigerian Airforce candidates must be between 17 and 18 years old at entry.
- Must not be less than 1.68 metres tall for male and 1.62 metres for female.
- Must be medically and physically fit and must be of good moral character.
- Must be single male or female without legal obligation to support any child or other individuals.
- Present a Certificate of Origin obtained from a Local Government and a Certificate of State Indigeneship from the Office of the State Governor is desirable.
- Furthermore, candidates are to note the following:
- Awaiting results are not qualified. Results not submitted with application form will not be accepted.
- Only examination results of 5 years from date taken will be accepted.
- Admission into the Nigerian Defence Academy is for both MALE and FEMALE NIGERIANS only.