University of Medical Sciences, UNIMED, Ondo State post UTME screening exercise application form is now on sale for the 2017/2018 academic session. Any student with a UTME score of 200 are eligible irrespective of the Universities of their first or second choices.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Medical Sciences, Ondo State various degree programmes admission for the 2017/2018 academic session.
About Ondo State University of Medical Sciences.
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences, has been accredited by the National University Commision, NUC, and is thus to run full services as the first specialized medical institution in Nigeria. The University of Medical Sciences is the first of such in Nigeria and the third in the whole of Africa. This recognition also puts the university as the 139th university in the country. The Ondo State Governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko received the confirmation in a letter from the NUC Executive Secretary, Professor Julius Okojie.
The University has been approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) in April 2017 to offer courses in all medical science disciplines. The goal of the University is to provide exceptional high quality and integrated training and comprehensive experience in the medical sciences that meet contemporary international accreditation standards. The University is a fully residential institution and has excellent teaching and training facilities.
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences Available Courses.
For the 2017-2018 Admission, the following courses are available through UTME and Direct Entry applications:
- FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES
- BSc Anatomy
- BSc Biochemistry
- BSc Physiology
- FACULTY OF MEDICINE
- FACULTY OF DENTISTRY
University of Medical Sciences Ondo State Admission Eligibility.
Candidates who scored a minimum of 200marks in the 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), conducted by the Joint Admissions Matriculations Board (JAMB), are eligible irrespective of the Universities of their first or second choices. Candidates shall possess the Senior Secondary School Certificate conducted by the West African Examination Council (WAEC), National Examination Council (NECO) or equivalent with at least credit passes in 5 subjects including Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at not more than two sittings. Candidates from other African countries or wishing to transfer from other Universities are also encouraged to apply.
In addition to the above, a candidate shall possess at least two ‘A’ Level passes or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, or possess a first degree at the level of at least Second Class (Lower) Division of Second Class in any of the biological sciences. In both UTME and Direct Entry, ‘O’ Level credits in English Language and Mathematics are compulsory for all admissions.
Ondo State University of Medical Sciences Post UTME – Method of Application.
Candidates are required to:
- Check the University’s website (http://www.unimed.edu.ng) for mode of payment for application;
- Complete and submit the University Post-UTME Application Form online; and
- Print out a copy.
Each Candidate is to make a total payment of N10, 000.00 (exclusive of bank charges) through e-transact or one hundred and three dollars ($103.0) for foreign students into any bank nationwide and obtain e-receipt from the bank.
Candidates who are unable to access online forms may collect the forms at the following designated offices, with the presentation of bank payment slips:
- Admission Office, UNIMED Campus, Laje Road, Ondo Town, Ondo State
- Ministry of Health, Obafemi Awolowo Way, Akure, Ondo State
- Ondo State Government Liaison Office, Plot 2A Ajayi Bembe Street, Park View Estate, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria
- Ondo State Government Liaison Office, 76 Ralph Sodeinde Street, Central Business District, Abuja
The Registration Form will be available online from September 4, 2017 and will close at 12 Mid-Night on October 19, 2017.
Please note that the Candidate’s UTME/DE Registration Number and the full names (as it is on JAMB slip) should be correctly provided at the point of payment.
After payment, each Candidate should visit the University’s website (http://www.unimed.edu.ng) and complete an online Registration Form. The complete Form, which will indicate the exact date and time for the screening exercise, should be printed for the candidate’s use.
Also note that:
- All candidates are requested to bring along the following items to the screening venue:
- Depositor’s copy of Etransact Receipt indicating payment of TEN THOUSAND NAIRA (N10, 000.00) only;
- JAMB UTME Notification of Results/Registration Slips for Direct-Entry Candidates;
- Printed copy of the completed UNIMED Post-UTME Online Registration Form;
- Print-out of e-Transact payment receipt (collected from Bank) and;
- One Passport Photograph.
- The venues of the screening exercise are: 1) the Main Auditorium of the Trauma Centre at the University of Medical Sciences Campus on Laje Road, Ondo Town, Ondo State; and 2) the Auditorium of the National Institute for Educational Planning and Administration (NIEPA), near UNIMED Campus, Ondo Town, Ondo State. All candidates should first report at the Admission office at the UNIMED Campus at 8.30 am to determine the exact location of their screening centre.
- Candidates are NOT allowed to bring cell phones or any other electronic gadget into the examination hall.
- For more information or clarification or other issues, candidates can visit the University website- www.unimed.edu.ng or call 07054937436, 07054937437.
University of Medical Sciences Ondo State Screening Exercise Dates.
All candidates will also go through a compulsory screening exercise to be conducted by the University before admission can be granted. The dates for screening are as follows:
The dates for screening are as follows:
- 1stScreening: Thursday, October 22, 2017
- 2nd screening: Friday, October 23, 2017
- Screening of international students: Date and method will be announced later.
NOTE: Note: Evidence of payment for the admission form should be provided during the screening exercise.