Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, UMYU post screening/registration guidelines for the 2017/2018 academic session newly admitted students.
This is to inform all the newly admitted students of the Umaru Musa Yar’adua University (UMYU), Kastina that have completed their screening exercise that they are required to proceed to Online Registration.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING STEPS CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION
STEP 1: ADMISSION DOCUMENTATION
All new students are expected to have gone through the verification stage.
- Use Google Chrome Browser to logon to umyu.edu.ng/new_students_admission/,
- To print your Admission Letter, click on ‘Print Admission Letter’ link at the left hand side. It is recommended to use a color printer to print your admission letter. Note that you can only print your original admission letter ONCE.
- Click on ‘Print Other Forms’ under the’Print Admission Letter’link to download and Print Student Guarantor Form, Acceptance of Provisional offer of Admission Form and Form 01.
- Fill the forms diligently and proceed to the next step.
STEP 2: PROFILE UPDATE
Before proceeding to this step make sure that you have completed STEP 1 successfully.
- To commence the online registration, click ‘Log on to Portal’ link under ‘Print Other Forms’ link to open your personalized page.
- Supply all the required information on your personalized page including your most recent passport photograph (Snapped on RED background), signature, email address, home address and phone number.
- Please ensure that all the information supplied above is to the best of your knowledge correct.
- Your recent passport photograph and signature must be legible and in JPEG format less than 100kb in size.
- Ensure you click on the ‘Save Profile’ button at the end of the page to complete your registration.
STEP 3: PAYMENT OF SCHOOL FEES
Before proceeding to this step make sure you complete STEP 2 successfully.
- The system will automatically redirect you to the payment page immediately you click the ‘Save Profile’ button as described in step 2 above.
- Please choose any of the following payment options to pay your school fees:
a. Pay Choice:
Use this option to generate transaction ID to pay cash in any of the following Banks:-
- Fidelity Bank (Nationwide)
- FCMB Katsina Branch
- UBA Katsina Branch
- Union Bank Katsina Branch
- Skye Bank Katsina Branch
Or use Quickteller by login on to www.quickteller.com/umyu and follow the instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Payments made at Banks other than Fidelity Bank attract an additional Bank Charges of N100.00 only.
b. College Pay: Use this option to pay online with your ATM card via the Interswitch Platform.
STEP 4: SUBMISSION OF REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
Before proceeding to this step make sure you complete STEP 1 to 3 successfully.
a) Submit copies of all completed forms, payment receipts and credentials to the following units:
- Your Department
- Academic Office
- Directorate of Examination and Registration (DER)
STEP 5: COURSE REGISTRATION
- Proceed to your department for guidance on the courses to register.
- Collect your University Email address from the Directorate of ICT (DICT).
- To commence the online Course registration, log on to ‘portal.umyu.edu.ng’ using your university email address collected from the DICT to open your personalized page and register your courses.
STEP 6: ACCOMMODATION RESERVATION/PAYMENT
Please note that students can only make room (bed-space) reservation after payment of school fees.
- To make a room (bed-space) reservation click on ‘Reserve Hostel Room’ link on your portal profile.
- Upon successful reservation, proceed to make payment using any of the payment options above.
- Note that room (bed-space) reservation expires after 24Hrs if payment is not made.
- Accommodation payment attracts an additional N300.00 Bank Charges.
Please contact Registration Helpdesk on firstname.lastname@example.org or +23465290261, +23465290247 and +234 65290279 for inquiries related to new students’ registration.
SCREENING/REGISTRATION EXERCISE TIMELINES FOR THE 2017/2018 SESSION
The following timeline has been approved for the screening/registration of fresh and returning students for the 2017/2018 academic session.
|a.||Screening of candidates offered admission on the Final Admission list and candidates outstanding from the first and second admission list.||12/1/16-26/1/16|
|b.||Issuance of letters of admission.||12/1/16-29/1/16|
|c.||Registration of fresh students to begin||1/2/16|
|d.||Central registration for returning students including Law students to begin||1/2/16|
|e.||Course registration for returning students including Law students to begin||15/2/16|
|f.||Normal registration for ALL students ends||26/2/16|
|g.||Late registration for ALL students begin||29/2/16|
|h.||Late registration for ALL students ends||4/3/16|