University of Benin, UNIBEN in affiliation with National Institute for Legislative Studies, NILS admission into postgraduate programmes for the 2017/2018 academic session.
The University of Benin, in affiliation with the National Institute for Legislative Studies (NILS), Abuja, offers programmes leading to the award of masters degrees in Legislative Studies and Legislative Drafting. NILS is the capacity building organ of the National Assembly; it was established by an Act of Parliament. It works to support and strengthen the legislature in the pursuit of the ideals of democracy through research, training, legislative support, advocacy and networking.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the legislative Postgraduate programmes of the University of Benin/National Institute for Legislative Studies. The University of Benin awards the degrees while the programmes are run at the facilities of the National Institute for Legislative Studies in Abuja by academic staff of the two institutions and renowned practitioners in the democratic and legislative process.
THE POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES OFFERED:
- Masters in Legislative Studies (MLS)
- Masters in Legislative Drafting (MLD)
- Masters in parliamentary administration
Candidates are to purchase application forms online with any valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM OR CASH CARD for the sum of N12,050.00.
- Go to the uniben.edu and click on Student Portal
- Under applicants menu, Select the NILS POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES 2017/2018
- Fill out the required information correctly following instructions given on application page,
- Attach a recent coloured passport photograph. Note: Only Passport with RED BACKGROUND is accepted
- Male the required payments using any valid ATM card from any commercial bank in Nigeria. This is done by creating a ticket under payments and then using COLLEGEPAY; provide the relevant card details to facilitate the payment.
- You can SAVE your application and come back to it as many times as required before FINAL SUBMIT. Use your application login and password to log back in at any time.
- Submit application online after ensuring that you are satisfied with information provided
- The following documents will be printed out from the Website:- APPLICATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT SLIP,, REFEREE, AND TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORMS.
- Any form not properly filled will not be treated.
- All application processes must be completed on or before Monday 29th February, 2017.