This is to inform newly admitted students of University of Benin that the Online Hostel accommodation booking has been re-opened Thursday 12 Nov., 2017.
For guidelines on the procedure, visit UNIBEN Online Hostel Accommodation Booking Procedure For Freshers 2017/2018
This is for only newly admitted students. The date for returning and final year students will be announced soon.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
1. Go to the University of Benin website – www.uniben.edu. Click on Student Portal
2. Click login and enter login details (Using Student Id and Password)
3. Click on My Data and choose Payments
4. Create and pay for a Bed Allocation fee ticket, using any valid Verve or Master ATM Card from any Nigerian Commercial bank.
5. Click on My Data and choose Accommodation Data
6. Click “Book Accommodation” and enter the Activation code on the Bed Allocation ticket earlier paid for (Example is HOS-0-0123456789)
7. If successful, print out an acknowledgement slip that contains the Hostel Payment and Allocation details.
8. Pay your Hostel maintenance fee by creating and paying for the ticket under the payments Option.
-Pay for your Hostel maintenance charge within 4 days of being assigned a space to avoid forfeiting it.
-The Bed Allocation ticket is valid for only one successful booking.
-All Students must have paid relevant school fees for the 2017/2018 session before attempting to book for accommodation
-Only Freshers (Newly Admitted Students) and Final Year Students are enabled to book for accommodation
-Only Freshers that have completed their physical clearance exercise and are duly cleared are enabled to book Accommodation
ALSO SEE: UNIBEN Part-time Screening Result 2017/2018 Released
-Only returning students that have their results uploaded after senate approval are enabled to book for accommodation
-Only senate approved categories Successful (A) or Students with Carryover (B) are enabled to book for accommodation
-Bed Allocation Fee (N1,000 (Fee) + N300 or N500 (Student Union) + N150 (Card Charge)) That is N1450 for Returning Students and N1650 for Freshers
-Hostel Maintenance Fee (N8,000 or N12,500 + N150 (Card Charge))
-Ensure you book for accommodation that you actually intend to stay in. Booking in proxy and/or sales of assigned spaces are illegal and unethical. For avoidance of doubt if you do not intend to stay in the hostels please do not book for a space!